We will, as always, have two bands—one musician on a part. After filling two bands, there will be a waiting list. Craig’s band will rehearse at the Castle. Chuck’s band will again be rehearsing at The American Legion Hall (second year).The week-long schedule is similar to last year’s:
- Sunday night “Welcome Dinner” at Manresa Castle followed by introductions (and jokes!)
- Improvisational combo workshops after breakfast
- Two big band rehearsals each day, 2 hours each (morning and afternoon)
- Trombone choir after lunch
- Saxophone quartet after lunch
- Possibly a trumpet quintet (NEW offering) after lunch
- Monday faculty concert after dinner at El Serape
- Wednesday night all-camp dinner / jam session at The Roadhouse open to the public
- Thursday night improv combos performance
- Friday night big band dance concert open to the public after all-camp dinner at Manresa Castle
- Informal, impromptu jam sessions throughout the week
- Lots of good fellowship!
The good news! The fees will be the same as last year. That is:
- $920 (two to a room) for Manresa Castle Hotel, and all meals, except for two lunches and two dinners on your own, or
- $1097, for a private room (an additional $177 for the week), again, except for two lunches and two dinners on your own.
- The “commuter fee” (for locals and others who wish to camp or have other places to stay) is $490, which includes three lunches.
You may register now to secure your chair for the workshop. Because we do not take credit cards, we have split the dates for payments:
- The workshop deposit for $150. (Register early to insure your chair.)
- The second installment of $385 is due January 5th,
- And the final payment of $385 is due on March 15th.
- Half of the $150 deposit is non-refundable.
The NW Big Band mailing address is: PO Box 1406, Port Townsend, WA 98368.
Please invite any musicians you know who you think would be interested in joining the NW Big Band in Port Townsend. We are offering a $50 discount as a “finder’s fee” for those musicians you can recommend who do attend.
But most of all we hope to see you!
For questions, call either Sally Rodgers at 360-379-3395, Owen Mulkey, 360-385-5374, or Craig Buhler 360-683-2277. (And of course email works well too. email@example.com )
We hope all is well with you, and we look forward to seeing you next spring.
Sally, Owen, Chuck, Craig & Rex
Advisers, Elmer and Elaine Ramsey